Guide to Writing and Accepting Articles in the Journal of Philosophy and Kalam
A) Preparation and Submission of Articles
- Adherence to the ethical principles of the journal is necessary at all stages of writing, presenting, and publishing the article (the ethical principles of publishing an article are stated under the "Journal Information" tab; please refer to them).
- The submission of articles is only possible through the Journal of Islamic Philosophy and Theology system at https://jitp.ut.ac.ir (To do this, you must first register via the "login" option in the system).
- The article length (excluding the English abstract) should not exceed 7500 words.
- The Persian and English abstracts of the article should not be more than 170 words.
- The right to reject or accept articles, as well as editing them, belongs to the journal.
- The responsibility for the scientific and legal accuracy, as well as the originality of the content, rests with the author.
- Only articles that are the result of original research, have not been previously published, and whose author is committed to publishing them elsewhere, are reviewable. Additionally, submitted articles should not have been simultaneously submitted to other journals.
- If an article has multiple authors, the presentation of the article and all correspondences and responsibilities belong to the "corresponding author."
- The corresponding author must provide the following information in the "Author Information File": their name and surname, academic rank, address, telephone number, email address, and the names of other co-authors, in both Persian and English. University authors (faculty members and students) must also provide their university email address.
- If the article is extracted from a master's thesis/doctoral dissertation, the corresponding author must provide the accurate information about the work as follows
- The article extracted from a master's/doctoral thesis is required to have the following information:
- The complete title of the thesis/dissertation, the supervisor, the date of defense, and the university where the research was conducted.
- If the article is extracted from a research project, the author must provide the following information in the author information file:
- The complete title of the project, the execution date, the project partners, and the relevant organization.
- The authors are required to provide their Orcid ID code in the author information file. To obtain this code, authors can visit the following link: https://orcid.org/register
- The author(s) must also provide the name(s) of collaborating institutions that have contributed to the research budget, equipment, or data.
- The final approval of the article for publication in the journal is subject to the approval of the editorial board.
- The order of publication of articles in the journal is based on alphabetical order of the authors' last names.
- The reproduction and citation of journal articles is permitted with proper reference to the source.
- In addition to uploading the article and the author information form, the corresponding author must also complete and sign the "Declaration of Commitment" and "Conflict of Interest" forms (included below) and upload them to the journal system.
- B) Parts of the Article
- Persian Abstract: The abstract should include a brief statement of the problem, the objective, the research method, and the findings. The abstract must be written in a complete paragraph, without indentation and with normal line spacing.
- Keywords: After the abstract and before the introduction, important and key words of the article (minimum of 3 and maximum of 6 words) should be introduced. The Persian and English keywords must be the same.
- Introduction: The introduction comes after the keywords. In the introduction, while addressing the research problem, the article roadmap (sections of the article and their relationship to each other) is demonstrated.
- Research background: After the introduction, the author should refer to previous works in their research area in a section called "Research Background" and precisely distinguish their work from previous works, and clarify their innovation.
- Main body: The main body of the article comes after the research background.
- Conclusion, reference list, English abstract, and English keywords: After the main body of the article, first the conclusion, then the research references, and then the English abstract and finally the English keywords are mentioned. (In the reference list, the list of articles should not be separated from the list of books). As English abstracts are uploaded to international databases, it is necessary for a native English language expert to accurately translate the Persian abstract text into English. Machine translation tools such as Google Translate should not be used under any circumstances in translating the abstract.
- Font size and spacing: Articles should be typed in Word, according to the template provided by the journal office, with a top and bottom margin of 5 cm, left and right margin of 5/4 cm, and line spacing of 1 cm. The font used should be BNazanin 13 for Persian and 11 for the abstract, footnotes, and references. The English font should be Times New Roman and one font size smaller than the Persian font.
C) Method of Referencing within Text
References should be cited in "in-text" format as follows:
- Single author: (Author's Last Name, Page Number)
Example: (Tabatabaei, 65)
- Single author with multiple works cited in the bibliography: (Author's Last Name, Name of Work, Page Number)
Example: (Tabatabaei, Nahayat al-Hikmah, 65)
- Two authors cited in-text: (First Author's Last Name & Second Author's Last Name, Page Number)
Example: (Hori & Shahbodaghi, p. 56)
- Three or more authors cited in-text: (First Author's Last Name et al., Page Number)
Example: (Akbari et al., 156)
- Multiple sources cited in-text: (First Author's Last Name, Page Number, Second Author's Last Name, Page Number)
Example: (Russell, 78, & Wittgenstein, 120)
D) Method of Writing the Bibliography
The bibliography should be arranged alphabetically by the last name of the authors and in the following format:
- Book with a single author: Author's Last Name, First Name; Book Title in Italics; Place of Publication; Publisher; Publication Year
Example: Tabatabaei, Mohammad Hussein; Philosophy and Realism Method; Tehran, Sadra, 2011
- Book with two or three authors: First Author's Last Name, First Name, Second Author's Last Name, First Name, and Third Author's Last Name, First Name; Book Title in Italics; Place of Publication; Publisher; Publication Year
Example: Sarmad, Zahra; Abbas Bazaragan and Elaheh Hejazi; Research Methods in Behavioral Sciences; Tehran, Agah, 1997
- Book with more than three authors: First Author's Last Name, First Name, et al.; Book Title in Italics; Place of Publication; Publisher; Publication Year
Example: Akbari, Mohammad Taqi and colleagues; Dictionary and Terms of Islamic Sciences and Civilization: English-Persian; Mashhad, Astan-e Quds Razavi Research Foundation, 1993
- Translated, edited, or compiled book: Author's Last Name, First Name; Publication Year, Title of Book, Translated, Edited, or Compiled by Translator's or Editor's First and Last Name; Place of Publication; Publisher; Publication Year
Example: Boscaglia, Leo. 1978; Humanity; (translated by Ahmad Reza Jalaeipour); Tehran, Nashr-e Ney.
- One author article: Last name, First name of the author; Title of the article; Name of the journal, volume number; Year (and month) of publication.
Example: Gandemi Nasrabadi, Reza; Critique of the Comparative Cognitive Method of Ibn Maimun and Qazi Sa'id Qomi; Modern Religious Thought; No. 26, Autumn 2011.
- Two author article: Last name, First name of the first author, Last name, First name of the second author; Title of the article; Name of the journal, volume number.
Example: Fiyazi, Ghulam Reza; Hossein Mozaffari; The Science of the Creator for Pre-Creators Before Creation, Maaref-e-'Aqli, No. 10, Summer 2008.
- More than three author article: Last name, First name of the first author, First name Last name of other authors; Title of the article; Name of the journal, volume number.
Example: Sadeghi-Borujeni, Ehsan; Mohsen Abolghasemi and Reza Ahmari; The Study of the Relationship between Spirituality and Forgiveness among Students of the University of Isfahan, Journal of Research in Psychological Health, No. 1, 2011.
E) Method of Writing Explanatory References, Definitions of Terms, and the Like
Explanatory references such as Latin words, definitions of terms, and the like should be included in the footnote.
F) Method of Submitting an Article:
Authors are required to submit four files through the journal system: 1) the main article file (in Word format without mentioning the names of the authors), 2) the author information file (in Word format), 3) the conflict of interest form (in JPG image format), and 4) the author commitment form (in JPG image format). The conflict of interest and author commitment forms are provided on the same page (these two files must be completed and signed first and then scanned and uploaded in the additional files section of the system). Note that the main article file and author information file should be uploaded in Word format, while the conflict of interest and author commitment forms should be uploaded in JPG format. The author information file should include all the required information in the previous sections of this guide.
G) Article Review and Printing Costs:
Following the decision of the Faculty of Theology and Islamic Studies dated 2016-01-18 regarding the cost of publishing articles in the faculty's specialized journals, it was decided that a fee of 2,000,000 Rials would be charged for reviewing each article, and if the article is accepted, another fee of 4,000,000 Rials would be charged for printing and publishing it from the respected authors. It should be noted that if the article is rejected by the reviewers, the initial fee of 2,000,000 Rials will not be refunded.
Important Note: The author is obliged to mention the name of the supporting institution or research sponsor.
Author Commitment Form
Conflict of Interest Form